As summer is now here, everyone is constantly watching their figure. I am always such a big fan of desert; however try to watch what I eat, especially when it's desert time. Introducing an option that is not only healthy, but very easy to make. This easy, no bake watermelon cake, may be one of the best deserts you try all summer. Whether you are attending a pot luck, or a birthday party this will be a hit. Below are the ingredients, step-by-step directions, and recipe.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Assembly Time: 5 mins.
- 1 Large Seedless Watermelon cut in a circle like a cake (see photo above)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (left in fridge for 6 hours or more)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (agave nectar or honey)
- Blueberries – 1/2 cup
- Raspberries – 1/2 cup
- Sliced, Toasted Almonds – 1 cup
- Slice the tops and bottoms of the watermelon off, then carve the body of the watermelon out
- Dry the watermelon by patting down with paper towels
- Let watermelon sit out 5 minutes or so, to dry more until coconut whipped cream is done
Coconut Whipped Cream Directions:
- Be sure to place coconut milk in fridge for atleast 6 hours or overnight. This causes cream to separate from milk, so cream will be at the top of can.
- Open can of coconut milk and scrape out cream into medium bowl. (Hint: Open can from bottom and drain milk out, leaving cream. Save the milk for other use)
- Add vanilla and agave or honey to the cream mixture and whip cream with a hand mixer on medium speed while working your way up to high until mixture is fluffy (5 minutes)
- Place bowl of whipped cream in the fridge until you are ready to use it
To Assemble Cake:
- Frost entire watermelon with coconut whipped cream (It's important you pat the watermelon down so it adheres better)
- Place sliced, toasted almonds all around watermelon cake, covering frosting on sides and top of cake
- Top watermelon cake with blueberries, rasperberries, or fruit of your choice.
- Store in the fridge until before serving