This dairy free, Cinnamon Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe is a perfect treat for this fall and winter season. Not only does is consist of just a few ingredients, but it can be made in your Vitamix or high powered blender at home in your kitchen. This Cinnamon Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe is completely gluten free, as well as dairy free. It's extremely creamy and has a very similar texture to gelato. The banana, and spices compliment the pumpkin and coconut very well.
It's creamy texture, bold colors, and delicious fall flavors will have you making this guilt-free treat, weekly.
Below are the ingredients and instructions on how to make this delicious, dairy free, gluten free Cinnamon Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- 2 – 16 ounce cans of coconut milk (be sure to buy the full-fat kind)
- 1 cup of pumpkin (I use fresh, baked pumpkin; but you can used canned if you'd like for an easier recipe. Also feel free to use pumpkin puree if you desire)
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Note: If you do not have agave nectar, just add in another 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
Directions for Vitamix or Blender:
- Take fresh baked pumpkin (or canned pumpkin) place into your Vitamix or high powered blender
- Then pour your 2 – 16oz. cans of coconut milk into the blender on top of the pumpkin
- Next, add in your bananas, agave nectar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend in Vitamix or blender until smooth (or desired consistency) (Note: If you want it thicker add ice cubes)
- Pour mixture into a container leaving the mixture uncovered, and put it into the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, remove from freezer and stir the mixture vigorously and place back in freezer.
- Continue this process for the next 3 – 3.5 hours.
- Store your ice cream in a covered storage container until ready to serve
- Serve in bowls or cones and enjoy!
Directions for Ice Cream Maker:
- Pour your blended mixture into your ice cream machine following the manufacturers instructions.
- Cover, place into freezer.
- Allow ice cream to harden fo rroughly 1-2 hours. (Note: If you want it harder, leave it in the freezer longer.)
- Serve, scoop, and enjoy!
I've made this Cinnamon Pumpkin Ice Cream at a handful of Halloween parties and it is always a hit. If you decide to make this I recommend using a Vitamix as it's high power allows the ice cream to blender much easier. It goes extremely well with any baked goods as well as pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, and apple pie.
Lastly, feel free to tweak the recipe a bit, as I've heard adding in date paste, more bananas, cloves, dark brown sugar, ginger powder, sea salt, allspice, and dates go extremely well in this ice cream.