Grilled Chicken Breast With Roasted Kale (Recipe)
It's no surprise that food-lovers and health enthusiasts everywhere are searching for the ideal grilled chicken breast with roasted kale recipe. Chicken has long been a culinary favorite, not only for its delicious versatility, but also for the health benefits that it provides. Chicken is an ideal source of low-fat protein, lending itself towards muscle development and growth. This poultry also contain high levels of the amino acid known as tryptophan, which provides a comforting natural anti-depressant. Combine these two ingredients into a delicious meal, and you'll have a healthy and delicious grilled chicken breast with roasted kale recipe.
- Total Time: 40 min
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Yields: 4 services
- Level: Easy
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn (about 10 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the potatoes with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer and roast 5 minutes.
- Toss the kale in a large bowl with the garlic, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add to the baking sheet with the potatoes and toss.
- Roast until the kale is crisp and the potatoes are tender, stirring once, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium and brush with olive oil. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 cutlets. Coat evenly with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until well marked and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Toss the kale, potatoes, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, the salad greens, tomatoes, parmesan, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Divide the chicken among plates and top with any collected juices. Serve with the kale salad.
What's more, kale has been hailed as a nutritional powerhouse, low in calories, high in fiber and brimming with iron that is essential for good health, and the formation of enzymes and hemoglobin. Kale is a great source of numerous vitamins, including vitamin K, A, and C, and it is filled with helpful antioxidants which can help to protect the body against various forms of cancer. This super green is also a great food for detoxing, as it is filled with sulfur and fiber, which are great for keeping your liver up to form.
This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.