3 Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Recipes
One of the most frustrating and ambiguous items of food you're likely to come across is the "imitation crab", which is known more commonly as krab, or the crab stick. These delicious items can be found at just about any sushi hangout or supermarket, but a lot of people aren't sure what exactly they're eating in the first place. Imitation crab, for those who aren't aware, is simply a Japanese invention that is composed largely of Alaska Pollock, mixed with a binding ingredient such as egg, and plenty of crab flavoring and salt. One of the most common applications for this type of food is an "imitation crab salad".
Although imitation crab is obviously a processed food, it doesn't have any particularly unhealthy components that you should be wary of. As such, we've compiled a list of some of the best imitation crab salad recipes for you to try.
1. Simple and Healthy Imitation Crab Salad
A number of imitation crab salad recipes will make a lot of fuss about added extras and possible flourishes. However, if you're looking for something quick and simple, this could be the perfect option for you.
- 1 pound of imitation crab meat
- 1/2 pound of sourdough bread
- 6 eggs
- small onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- some sour cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Simply chop your sourdough into cubes and boil your eggs before peeling and chopping them.
- Once that's done, throw everything into a large bowl, mix it together, and place in the refrigerator until it's ready to serve.
2. Fresh Imitation Crab Salad
Another favorite in the list of imitation crab salad recipes, this option is full of delicious flavors for a light and refreshing summertime meal or sandwich filler.
- 8 ounces of imitation crab meat
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of dillweed
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon of horseradish
- 3 cups of salad greens
- some parsley
- lemon juice
- The extra lemon juice should give this crab salad option a particularly refreshing taste. Altogether, it tastes wonderful when served in flat bread.
- Place everything into a large bowl, mix it together, and place in the refrigerator until it's ready to serve.
3. Golden Imitation Crab Salad
A stunning and colorful twist on a standard classic, this golden imitation crab salad recipe is a treat for the taste buds.
- 3 pounds of imitation crab meat
- 1 cup of celery
- 1 cup of spring onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- Mix these ingredients together the night before you plan to serve the meal, as it tastes better once it's been allowed to chill overnight.
- For an extra twist, why not add some grated Parmesan and cheddar cheese to your imitation crab salad recipes?
- For an extra burst of color, many people enjoy adding a few cherry tomatoes into the mix.
- You can even transform your salad with some cooked pasta shells for a more filling meal.
This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.