Although these elements go wonderfully together, it can be difficult to find a Swiss chard, lemon, farro and feta salad recipe that works for every budget and timeline. While the internet and cookbooks are full of ideas for recipes with feta, lemon, faro, and Swiss chard, it's rare to find these amazing ingredients all wrapped up together in one delicious salad. Fortunately, there is one way to make this meal just right, and you can even add your own finishing touches to customize it to your family's tastes. This type of salad is the best in the summer when ingredients are fresh, but if you want to prepare it later in the year you can still enjoy it by shopping around for imported ingredients that still pack the best possible freshness. You will need:
Swiss Chard, Lemon, Farro, And Feta Salad (Recipe)
Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 cup dry farro
- 1 bunch rainbow Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 finely sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the farro according to the package instructions. I seasoned my farro with sea salt while it cooked. Cool after cooking.
- Chop your rainbow chard into bite size pieces.
- Dice your bell pepper and thinly slice your fennel bulb. Toss the cooled farro with the lemon juice; follow with your veggies.
- Mix, to ensure the lemon juice is distributed all over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the feta just before serving.
This Swiss chard, lemon, farro and feta salad recipe goes wonderfully as a side dish or as an entree salad, and works well with Mediterranean flavors or in a strictly Greek meal. Try experimenting with nuts, fennel, and proteins until you make it your own.