Detoxing with delicious smoothies is a great way to give your body the health-boost that it needs throughout the day. Smoothie recipes for detox aren't just a great way to purge your body of all the harmful toxins that it may have accumulated, they're also an ideal way to inject a boost of energy and nutrition into your day.
In order to properly detox your body, you'll need to give it some foods that are helpful for getting rid of all of the bad things that are currently inside of you. At the same time, you would want to provide your body with all the minerals and vitamins that it will need to function at its best. These smoothie recipes for detox provide both parts of the super-smoothie mix.
1.) Kale Detox Green Smoothie
- 1/2 apple
- 1 cup coconut water
- Handful of kale (de-stemmed)
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- Load all of these wonderful ingredients into your high speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until your desired consistency is reached.
Kale Smoothies are basically the new in thing. When it comes to finding smoothie recipes for detox, you won't get far without coming across a kale option. Kale has been recognized as the new spinach, and health-enthusiasts recommend that people eat it as often as possible. Smoothies are fantastic for improving your kale-intake.
2.) Berry Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place the coconut milk, berries, banana, ice cubes in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes; cover and process until smooth.
- Yield: 3-4 servings.
- Blend until the mixture achieves the perfect smoothie texture.
Berry Smoothies are amazing for improving your health. When detoxing your body, there are few things friendlier than a good selection of berries. Berries are brimming with fiber and antioxidants, making them the perfect ingredient when you want to purge toxins from your system and replenish yourself with great ingredients. Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are all packed full of antioxidants, and they're delicious too!
3.) Cocoa Strawberry Detox Smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.
Cocoa is a great ingredient to add to smoothies if you're looking for a little bit of an extra sweet treat. Chocolate is ideal for your detox routine so long as you stick to the right type. Milk chocolate, for example, is not as great as intense dark cocoa. Dark cocoa contains a lot of antioxidants that you don't get with regular cocoa, and it comes with less sugar too. This smoothie tastes like you're eating chocolate covered strawberries!