Top 3 Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
Whether you drink them for the taste or because they are so highly convenient in the morning, weight loss smoothie recipes are becoming the next big thing. Single serve blenders and mixing cups are on every store shelf, and the new and interesting combinations of ingredients hitting blogs and cooking magazines each month make it difficult to ever get bored of this rejuvenated classic.
1.) Berry Good Smoothie
If you want to find weight loss smoothie recipes that don't make you cringe, a good tip is to add berries. Most berries, while high in natural sugars, are also high in fiber, making them the perfect fruit to sweeten drinks without losing nutrition. Blueberries are a particularly good choice because of their antioxidant qualities. Check out this berry good smoothie the next time you want something delicious and nutritious.
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/4 cup plain green yogurt
- 1tsp honey
- Mix these ingredients together in a blender and blend on high for 5-15 seconds
- If you want your smoothie cold and thick, add two ice cubes to the mix.
- If it is too thick, try adding an extra quarter cup of almond of coconut milk to the mix.
2.) Mango Surprise Smoothie
Mangos in weight loss smoothie recipes might not be super surprising, but the avocado in this one might shock you just a little bit. For a two person serving, whip up a batch of these for a burst of flavor and more vitamins and nutrients than you need.
- 1/2 cup cubed mango
- 1/2 cup ripe cubed avocado
- 1 cup mango juice
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (low fat)
- Blend this tropical morning maker with a scoop of your favorite fruity protein powder for an extra meal for your muscles for 5-15 seconds.
- The Greek yogurt also has protein, and the avocado is super high in antioxidants.
3.) "Go Green Tea" Smoothie
Normally, drinking something thick and green first thing in the morning isn't that appealing to most folks, but this green tea smoothie will change your mind on that in no time.
- 1 and a half cups of brewed green tea, cooled
- Diced mint leaves, cilantro, parsley, and a handful of spinach
- One small diced apple
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup pitted diced peach
- Blend this mixture for 5-15 seconds or until you reach your desired consistency.
The reason there is no measurement on the greens is because everybody prefers to mix this differently. Maybe you prefer a little extra mint, or you want the spinach to shine through. Don't worry, this won't wind up tasting like a salad, not with the green tea, apple, and peach to balance it out. If you taste it and find it is too bitter or savory, add a tablespoon of honey to taste. Raw, unpasteurized honey is nature's sweetener, and it is better for your body than refined sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Have some fun and make your own recipes. Start with a few basic items which you know are good for you and find interesting ways to mix them together. Smoothies are a great way to get some sweetness in your day without cheating on your diet.
This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.