1.) Terms and Conditions
4.) Ethics Policy
1.) Terms and Conditions
• Violate any laws;
• Violate the Posting Rules;
• Post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
• Be false or misleading;
• Infringe any third-party right;
• Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Knowzo.com or the interests or property of Knowzo.com users;
• Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Knowzo.com;
• Copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
• Use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access Knowzo.com and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
• Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
• Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Knowzo.com.
• Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
• Collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
• Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service - exception is made for internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file;
• Post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content, or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
• Post the same item or service in more than one classified category or forum, or in more than one metropolitan area; or
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to Knowzo.com's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Knowzo.com website.
You Understand That:
The Knowzo.com site and content available through the website may contain links to other websites, which may be unrelated to Knowzo.com. Knowzo.com makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information contained in the links. Linking to any other websites is entirely at your own risk. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content on Knowzo. Under no circumstances will Knowzo.com be liable in any way for content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content listed, emailed, or otherwise made available via Knowzo.com You acknowledge that Knowzo.com does pre-screen and approve Content, and that Knowzo.com will have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or remove any content that is available via Knowzo, for violating the spirit of the site or the Terms or for any other reason.
By using this website you acknowledge and agree that Knowzo.com may preserve or disclose your content, as well as your information, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is necessary to:
• Identify copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed upon;
• Identify the content on the Knowzo.com site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website;
• Confirm a statement by you that content displayed is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• Confirm a statement by you declaring (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
• You may not infringe or try to infringe the privacy or rights of other Knowzo.com users. This includes you storing or trying to store personal data of other Knowzo.com users. Knowzo.com will remove any infringing listing(s).
• If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that infringes copyright, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify Knowzo.com immediately by contacting customer support.
Legal Information: The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Knowzo.com and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Knowzo.com. These Terms and/or your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute that may arise. The failure of Knowzo.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Ownership Rights: Knowzo.com is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Copying or reproducing the Website or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not de-compile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. Although Knowzo.com does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Knowzo.com an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing.
Disclaimer of Warranties: You agree that use of the Knowzo.com site and the service is entirely at your own risk. The Knowzo.com site and the service are provided on an "as is" or "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind. All express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Knowzo.com disclaims any warranties for the security, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, and performance of the Knowzo.com site and the service. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Knowzo.com disclaims any warranties for other services or goods received through or advertised on the Knowzo.com site or the sites or service, or accessed through any links on the Knowzo.com site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Knowzo.com disclaims any warranties for viruses or other harmful components in connection with the Knowzo.com site or the service. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitations of Liability: Under no circumstances shall Knowzo.com be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if Knowzo.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any aspect of your use of the Knowzo.com site or the service, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the Knowzo.com site or the service, from inability to use the Knowzo.com site or the service, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the Knowzo.com site or the service. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in connection with the Knowzo.com site or the service or any links on the Knowzo.com site, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the Knowzo.com site or the service or any links on the Knowzo.com site. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. In some jurisdiction, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold Knowzo.com, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
Commitments: Knowzo.com community commitments:
Validity of Ads: Knowzo.com will not purposefully keep outdated listings live on the site. We will not publish any advertisement without first verifying the validity of the email address provided by the advertiser.
Moderation of Ads: Knowzo.com will remove any advertisement that is prohibited by US, UK, DE, IT law, and placed in the wrong category/city or that contains vulgar/abusive content. Members of the site are encouraged to flag ads that break our terms and conditions.
Respecting Your Privacy: To minimize the risks of spam, all e-mails exchanged between users are done so anonymously through our server. We need to collect certain information from you in order for the advertising process to work effectively. However, you are in full control of the information that the public has access to. If you decide to opt in to receive special offers from selected third parties, your email address may be rented but in no circumstances will it be sold or transferred to third parties. These Terms are operated and provided by Elevated Media Inc. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2.) Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Knowzo.com’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
• Modify or copy the materials;
• Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
• Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Knowzo.com’s website;
• Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
• Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Knowzo.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
By using the site and services you understand and agree that: The site and services are provided for informational purposes only. No content on our site is intended to constitute professional advice, whether medical, financial, legal or otherwise. Knowzo.com is not responsible or liable for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action you take or fail to take based on the information, services or other material on the site. Your use of the site and services is at your sole risk. The site and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Knowzo.com expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for Knowzo.com’s particular purpose and non-infringement. Knowzo.com makes no representation or warranty that the site or services will meet your requirements, or will be interrupted, secure, current or error-free, or that the results that may be obtained from the use of the site and services will be accurate, timely, useful or reliable. Any material obtained by you through use of the site or services is obtained at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to computer systems or loss of data that results from your download or use of any third party software or material. Additional Information: Health Disclaimer This site offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. Developments in medical research may impact the health, fitness and nutritional advice that appears here. No assurance can be given that the advice contained in this site will always include the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular material. If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately. Certain health or medical material on this site may be sexually explicit. Please do not use this site if you would find these materials offensive.
In no event shall Knowzo.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Knowzo.com’s Internet site, even if Knowzo.com or a Knowzo.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5.) Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Knowzo.com’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Knowzo.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Knowzo.com may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Knowzo.com does not; however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Knowzo.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Knowzo.com of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8.) Governing Law
Any claim relating to Knowzo.com’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a website.
• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
• We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Information Collected by Third-Parties and Your Ad & Cookie Choices
For more information about these third-party Ad Networks and opting out of tracking through the NAI, visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
For more information about interest-based advertising and opting out through the DAA, visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
For more information about disabling and controlling third-party cookies in your browser, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
In addition to the above, we have implemented on our Services certain "Google Analytics" features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our Websites may opt out of Google Analytics, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Other Privacy Considerations
We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a transfer or all or part of our business or assets (e.g., a sale, merger, dissolution, liquidation or reorganization) or are taking steps in anticipation of such a transaction (e.g., participating in due diligence).
• Do Not Track Browser Disclosure
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Websites for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the NAI "Consumer Opt-out" link and the DAA opt-out link above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
• Information from Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we determine that a user is under 13, we will delete all personally identifiable information collected from that user.
• Information from Users Outside of the United States
• Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California "Shine The Light" law, California residents may opt-out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (as those concepts are defined in that law) However, we do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law.
• Compliance With Legal Process
We may disclose personal information
(1) if we believe such sharing is appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process;
(2) to protect and defend our rights, services or property;
(3) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or
(4) to protect the safety or property of our users or any member of the public (among other things, this means that if we believe you have provided false information or attempted to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Or you can contact us by mail at:
P.O. Box 5107
Akron, OH 44334
4.) Ethics Policy
Knowzo.com maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and editorial content.
• All Advertising or sponsored content on the Knowzo.com sites is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
• All ads on Knowzo.com Health are labeled as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
• All "native" ads or paid content are identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
• Editorial content on the Knowzo.com sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title "Ad," "Advertisement," or "Sponsored", or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Knowzo.com Ethics Policy for Independent Contractor Experts
Ecommerce and Affiliate Links Disclosure
Experts may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate programs, including purchases made through links to Knowzo.com's ecommerce partners.
Knowzo.com is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Elevated Media Inc. Other than loans or transfers from affiliated companies, the only external sources of funding are from advertisements and sponsored content on the website.
Question: How do I contact a Knowzo.com Expert?
Answer: To contact any Expert writing for Knowzo.com, click on the Expert's name located on the top left corner of the particular site. You will then be brought to a page containing their e-mail address or other information that you can use for contact purposes.
Question: How do I unsubscribe from newsletters?
Question: How do I update my e-mail address on newsletters?
Answer: To update your e-mail address on any Knowzo.com newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Once on the unsubscribe/preference management page, you can update your email address.
Question: I have questions about writing for Knowzo.com. Where can I find answers?
Answer: You can learn more about writing for Knowzo.com here.